A “guided trip” is a great way to enjoy a trip with other like-minded people.
- A local bilingual leader accompanies your group. In the case of mountain trips, these persons will be fully qualified experts in the specific activities done during the trip.
- A full-time support vehicle for all transfers as required by the itinerary.
- Local tours with Spanish government-licensed expert guides in historical sites, etc.
- Designed for small groups – usually a minimum of 4 persons and a maximum of 14.
- Fixed departure dates. If group minimum sizes are not reached by 6 weeks before departure, guided trips are cancelled.
- Any guided trip can be arranged on a private basis for a small group of any size on any desired departure date.
For more information on how these tours work, please see our Guided Trip FAQ’s and to book, use the Guided Trip Booking Form.
Self-guided or “Independent” Trips
If you are an independent-minded traveller, a “self-guided” trip is a great way to enjoy your adventure without the inevitable constraints of guided trips. Simply choose one of our itineraries, set your own travel dates and book the trip.
Once the tour begins, start each morning whenever you like, move at your own pace and stop wherever you like along the way. You only need carry a small day pack with personal items, a camera, some snacks, water bottle and the usual sweater or fleece and rain jacket. We take care of the rest!
- A well-designed itinerary to ensure your safety and enable you to experience the best of the area
- Comfortable lodgings and most meals (all breakfasts; some evening meals; some picnic lunches depending on itinerary)
- Luggage and personal transfer if required by the itinerary
- Marked local maps (topographic maps for mountain trips) and reliable daily route notes
- A local English-speaking contact is just a telephone call away in case of problems.
For more information on how these tours work, please see our Self-Guided Trip FAQ’s